Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:54 am

Does it annoy you when a band gets popular ..by covering someone elses song

for example...Quiet Riot...Come on feel the noise..isnt even their own song..it was written by a band called slade...bout like idk 10 years b4 quiet riot covered it..just like the song momma we're all crazy..another slade song..quiet riot got famous for those 2 covers...and u never hear any other songs about them...
I like disturbed...aswell..but it bugged me to hear their genesis cover on the radio over n over n over again..like i love disturbed..and ik its prob not their fault..but they have alot of better songs they could play...(disturbed bad example)

just saying =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:02 am

Disturbed is a VERY bad example. Just because the song was played on the radio doesn't mean that's what made them famous =/ The song that made them sky rocket to fame was "Down With the Sickness" way back in 2000. There's nothing wrong with bands doing covers. It is annoying if that's all they get known for, but Disturbed isn't known just for their covers. They're more known for their original work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:05 am

disturbed was a bad example...but quiet riot was a good example..cause their biggest song which they got famous off of wasnt even their own song it was a song by slade..years b4 hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 am

Plus Quiet Riot just sucks Razz
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 am

Nick "SoaS" Morouney wrote:
Plus Quiet Riot just sucks Razz

frustrating when...people say they love come on feel the noise.. and u ask them who it was originally wrote by..and they say quiet riot -.-......thats frustrating i must say lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Korrupted660

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Nick "SoaS" Morouney wrote:
Disturbed is a VERY bad example. Just because the song was played on the radio doesn't mean that's what made them famous =/ The song that made them sky rocket to fame was "Down With the Sickness" way back in 2000. There's nothing wrong with bands doing covers. It is annoying if that's all they get known for, but Disturbed isn't known just for their covers. They're more known for their original work.

I have never heard this cover he keeps talking about. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 am

lol its a genesis cover..that they did..that the local stations wouldnt stop playing xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BathoricBeast

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Shouldnt Metallica be the kings of this aha. They started out playing Diamond Head, Holocaust, Misfits.....etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abacacus

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 pm

This just made me think of something. I can;t remember the name of the band it was stolen from, but the famous guitar part for Stairway To Heaven is a note for note rip off of a song played by a band that opened for Led Zepp on one of their earlier tours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:15 am

oo i know what ur talking about i think..my father would know the name of the band...cause they were good then people were like oo..led zep is an influence? and the band told everyone they never heard of zep.. :S or something like that maybe im thinking of the wrong band
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 am

BathoricBeast wrote:
Shouldnt Metallica be the kings of this aha. They started out playing Diamond Head, Holocaust, Misfits.....etc

They still do x.x
Back to top Go down
abacacus

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:55 am

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:
oo i know what ur talking about i think..my father would know the name of the band...cause they were good then people were like oo..led zep is an influence? and the band told everyone they never heard of zep.. :S or something like that maybe im thinking of the wrong band

Maybe. I know the band only asked for an apology and credit for coming up with the part, and Led Zepp never even returned the letter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:38 am

hmm idk man
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?   

Back to top Go down

Dont you hate it when bands get popular...by covering someone elses song?
Page 1 of 1