Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movie Review: Hannibal series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 am

Welcome back Movie Viewers. Today were gonna look at one of my favorite series of all times. The Hannibal series. In case you've never seen em they consist of 4 movies. Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon, and Hannibal Rising. I'm gonna do 4 separate reviews right here but I wanted all of these to be together so you can see how they flow. Ok let's get started with Silence.

Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Ok before we start I'm gonna ask you one question. Ever been to a psychiatrist? What about one who, if he can't helps you, decides to eat you instead? That's where Silence starts. Dr. Hannibal Lecter, (Anthony Hopkins: The Wolfman, Thor) a phsychiatrist in a maximum security prison for eating his patients, is needed to solve a murder case. Clarice Starling, (Jodie Foster: Panic Room) is a. F.B.I. trainee, looking for the infamous Buffalo Bill, (Ted Levine: Shutter Island) A serial killer, who kills girls and wears there skins. With the "Special" Doctor's help there gonna try to catch Buffalo Bill. (Spoiler) Towards the end of the movie Dr. Lecter escapes and it becomes a chase for him. Do they catch him? Do they catch Buffalo Bill? Watch to find out. My take on this movie was amazing. It has such a subliminal message behind it. You have to really pay attention. "It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again."

Hannibal (2001)

Picking up from where the last one left off, Dr. Hannibal is still on the loose and it's up to Clarice, ( This time played bu Jullianne Moore) to catch him. Ten years have passed and Clarice has been patiently waiting. He suddenly turns up in Italy, so it's on a trip we go. But little known to Clarice, She isn't the only one after him. Uh oh. 2 people after a licensed genius? How could this play out? Who will be victorious? Again the movie show's complete brilliance. Anthony Hopkins at this point has earned the title of Dr. Hannibal Lecter. No matter what movie he's in he will always be that cannibalistic Doctor. Lot of pretty good scenes including the scene with the pigs. If you like movies with lot's of blood gushing murders this is the one for you.

Red Dragon (2002)

The Doctor returns the help put yet another serial killer behind bars. Clarice being a full fledged FBI Agent now for over ten years has went into hiding for this movie. Instead a new agent comes out of retirement to catch the infamous Tooth Fairy, a killer who saves his victims teeth. (Ralph Fiennes: Harry Potter) Will Graham ( Edward Norton) had a psychological breakdown and now has some sort of gift for catching killers. Coming back just to catch the tooth fairy, he uses the Doctors help, but will he lead him on the right path, or is he just another toy for his amusement? I think this movie was a great ending to the sequel although not many people know this was originally the first in the series. Manhunter came out years ago and was the first Hannibal movie but since it didn't have Anthony Hopkins in it it didn't get much mainstream. When they redid the series they decided to make this one part three. And what a great Idea it was.

Hannibal Rising (2007)

Where did it all begin. Remember in 2007 when everything had a prequel? Well the Hannibal series was no exception. Starting off when he's only 8 years old, Hannibal Rising goes through the life of Dr. Hannibal Lecter. (This time played by a young actor Gaspard Ulliel) Abusive father, seductive aunt, shunned for his beliefs, it's no wonder he was so twisted. If you wanna know how the Doc became the way he is, this is the movie for you. I found it was Ok but not a proper ending for the series. Like I said, Anthony Hopkins IS Lecter now. No one can replace him.

Well this conclude the Hannbil series. Hope it gives you all some kind of insight. By all means please check out this entire series. If you can sit threw 6 Star Wars, 3 Lord of the Rings, and all 6 Saw movies, then this series deserves a chance. Aight that's all I got now. Thank Admins for considering what I requested.
Big Bruddah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:08 am

Although I haven't seen 'Red Dragon', I also enjoy this series. It's not like most horror movies that are all blood and gore, it's intelligent and psychological, and you have to pay attention or you'll miss something. My favorite is probably 'Hannibal' followed by 'Hannibal Rising' then 'Silence of the Lambs'. Anthony Hopkins should be the one to play Lector, but he'd look to aged for 'Hannibal Rising', so I understand their choice for a different actor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 am

Yeah it made sense, and the actor they picked played it out well...But he still was no Anthony Hopkins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 am

He was no Anthony Hopkins, but he still played the part of the twisted, young Lector perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:14 am

Couldnt agree more. So you didnt see Red Dragon. Its one of the best. It'll top all the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 am

I'll have to give it a watch
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:55 pm

i like these movie reviews Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanx man. Yall keep reading em and ill keep posting em.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:26 pm

cant wait for the lotr ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:43 pm

lol ill get to them...just havent had time to sit down for like 15 hours...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:20 am

That scene in 'Clerks II' where Randal explains the LotR trilogy...is pure genius, and sums it up exactly. It's a bunch of walking, followed by a bunch of bullshit xD
Back to top Go down
Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 am

lol i once believed that but i actually got into it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Hey the lotr is the best =D

its so well done good story line casting good structures and the scenes r so well done...i would half to watch the movie again to give a bigger review

and see dude told u its addicting Very Happy GO LOTR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Hannibal series   

Back to top Go down

Movie Review: Hannibal series
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Church of Metal :: Member's Area :: General Discussion :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: