Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)

Go down 

What is your Favorite Album w/Tarja Turunen
Angels Fall First
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Oceanborn
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Wishmaster
12%
 12% [ 2 ]
Over the Hills and Far Away
12%
 12% [ 2 ]
Century Child
12%
 12% [ 2 ]
Once
35%
 35% [ 6 ]
Self Titled(solo album)
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
My Winter Storm(solo album)
11%
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Ok I know I am setting myself up with this poll..but I figured I would make...so lets see what ur favorite album is with tarja at vocals can be on her own or with nightwish this will be very hard to me to choose xD

This is very tough cause it album has songs that I like very much..and the music on them all are amazing..Angels Fall First with elvenpath..Oceanborn with songs like stargazers and pharaoh sails to orion and sacrament of wilderness.sleeping sun and walking on air. wish master with she is my sin the kinslayer and wishmaster and a few others...over the hills..with the song over the hills one of my favorites with tenth man down
century child with bless the child end of all hope..slaying the dreamer phantom of the opera.. ever dream..and then once with dark chest..wish i had an angel nemo planet hell..the siren..and then her solo work like with my winter storm..the reign oasis..die alive poison i walk alone...all the albums have so many good songs..on it..i need time to think of my choice lol of my favorite xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 am

I hate her solo work with a passion (Even though I have the deluxe edition of 'My Winter Storm'). I voted for 'Once' simply because the whole album is amazing. I love almost all of the songs off of it, and it's the first album I heard/owned by Nightwish. Her vocals on this album are amazing, the mixing on the album is superb, the songs flow so well. The other albums are good too, but I only like a few songs from each of them (I.E. "She Is My Sin" - love that song, and "Over the Hills and Far Away" to name a few). I just don't think she'll ever get back what she had in Nightwish. She probably shouldn't have gotten herself kicked out xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:33 am

yes i can hear u about her solo work..u got to be a big fan of her i guess to really enjoy it..like me...but its really tough ..since each album has tons of songs i like..and i believe her vocals are always good..but one thing i liked tho..is if u noticed each album got better n better until the last album once with nightwish..so..i liked how the albums kind of show how the band was able to progress and get better if that makes sense :S...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 pm

I honestly never listen to these guys..So I can't state an opinion yet. But I will download all those albums and listen...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:10 pm

go for it steve..u will be amazed on how awesome she is Very Happy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
budah

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 am

Once for me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

I still cant choose..lol..but like i said i like how each of the albums shows the bands improvements over the years..each album got better n better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 am

To be completly honest with you, I don't like Tarja that much, her voice is good. But I find she over does it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:48 am

shes a classical..singer..thats her style of singing...it always has been..but if u listen to songs like slaying the dreamer and..i think ever dream. to list a few examples she can sing..i guess normal like idk the word for it..but i listened to all their songs all the albums...and..nothing at all sounds the same..and like..its just the way she sings dude..but also..i will say this..idk how much exposure u had to her..but it takes time to grow on u..cause of the classical opera element in her singing and songs..i will admit that..cause that style isnt for everyone if that makes sense :S...but regardless..singing wise shes in a class of her own..should see her live doesnt miss and note and is a powerful stage presence. ^_^...but yeah..all i can say

and i like how u put ur opinion this time..its better to discuss like this lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metal_Lette

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 am

I don't think Tarja over does it, but I can see how someone would think that way. She has a very powerful voice, so it seems like she's trying too hard sometimes. Lol. But I think that's just the way she sings. Razz PLus the opera style's very hard to get used to unless you already like that style of voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jwmetalhead

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 am

Dude how can u say tarja over does it, I cannot see where you got that comment from. or how you think that. i agree with metal lette and dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XxMetallicA_BabeXx

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Once simply because its an amazing album to me. And steven you have no idea what your talking about...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=601480036
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Lmfao, is all I have to say. I clearly know more. Your guys reasonings behind everything is "I'd bang her, because she's hot." or "she is good because she's popular" "she can play a bunch of instruments" "her stuff with nightwish was awesome" I'm done arguing unless someone gives some real vaild reasonings. For one, I am allowed to say If I like her vocals or not. Two she over does some of the notes, and makes the songs sound off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)   

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite by Nightwish album with Tarja?(solo albums included)
Page 1 of 1