Church of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon

Go down 
+2
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Pantera or Mastodon?
Pantera
S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_vote_lcap50%S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Mastodon
S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_vote_lcap50%S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon Empty
PostSubject: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 am

OKAY. So, after the trouble with round 1 between Tarja and Lacuna Coil, Steven's computer died so he asked me to start off a new Season 2 match up. The kings of groove versus the progressive/stoner powerhouse that is Mastodon.

Pantera

Mastodon

I personally have to vote for Mastodon. Pantera is awesome and helped define groove metal and pioneer it. But Mastodon is just insane. The riffs are crazy, the drumming is ball crunching, and the vocalist is...awe inspiring. I've never heard a vocalist like the guy from Mastodon (Yeah, I don't know his name xD) But I got into Mastodon fairly early in my metalhead days and stuck with them ever since. They just keep getting better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 am

ok so lets cool off with this round then we can do tarja lacuna after .. Very Happy

i picked pantera..simple DIMEBAG...the guitar playing he did in pantera pwns mastodon anyday RIP
Back to top Go down
jwmetalhead

jwmetalhead

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 am

Nick "SoaS" Morouney wrote:
OKAY. So, after the trouble with round 1 between Tarja and Lacuna Coil,

Doesnt surprise me that there was trouble..cause you do know dylan feels very very strongly about tarja.
and he will defend her.. against anyone..thats how strongly he feels bout her..so try and becareful what you say. you got to respect.the fact that he is loyal to his artists...

as for this round i choose pantera..everything explains itselfs.
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 am

We understand he is loyal, he was just going on about shit that had nothing to do with her solo work. thats all. I am with Nick, Mastodon is amazing at everything... They leave me breathless. Pantera is great, but the fact is they have only a handful of mind blowing songs, imo. Dimebag is beast, but one man can not compete with all of Mastodon. Mastodon is just more rounded as a band.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:22 am

I agree we got alittle out of hand on the tarja topic..lets try to keep it..calm.i will try my best.. but u all know my thing for her so =P

but yeah i picked pantera cause of Dimebag..the things he was able to do on guitar..amazing
Back to top Go down
abacacus
abacacus

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:15 pm

If this was a guitar battle, it would be Pantera, but overall Mastodon is a WAY better band then Pantera ever was.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 pm

I bet mastodon would pick pantera

i bet pantera is an influence on their music
mastodon is good live
but mastodon never had a dimebag..so pantera wins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 pm

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:

i bet pantera is an influence on their music

I bet they're not. They're not even close to being the same genre and the guitar and drum playing is completely different
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:02 pm

i need to work on explaining myself better..

i ment..like pantera is one of those bands they look up to..if that makes sense lol
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

I believe that Pantera influenced Mastodon because they are both southern bands... It doesn't really show in Mastodons sound...But they both have groove/sludgey elements.
Cody is right as whole Mastodon is way better.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 pm

i noticed there were only 2 pantera videos and 3 mastodons =P
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 pm

but have can u compare mastodon to dimebag..i admit he was the whole band..but the things he could do on guitar..and imagine if he was still alive? what he could do..and i am fond of panteras bass player aswell..but i think the difference tho is..panteras music i feel focused alot around dimebag..or alittle more towards him why mastodon..plays to eachothers strengths if that makes sense.... :S
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 pm

There is 3 songs for both bands.

But the fact remains that Mastodon is the better band, they are more technical, drumming is better, vocals, bass, and guitar goes to pantera. Lyrics which means nothing to bands musical talent, would go to mastodon as well.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:55 pm

ok sry..the 3rd pantera one didnt show up last time.. :S

well weither a band is better or not is a point of view aswell.ok point of views mixed in with actual facts...but one thing u keep in mind..10 years down the road who will be remembered pantera or mastodon..i think cause of Dimebag pantera will be remembered for along time..but the problem is mastodon is still growing and they get better..but what im saying is u dont know what dimebag would of done if he was still alive

just like randy rhoads..he died young and imagine how great he would of been if he was still alive...its hard cause pantera had a legend in the band when mastodon does not..i mean i like mastodon.but dimebags guitar playing is just to good on the songs..
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Mastodon will be remembered too.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 pm

possibly..but they havent made as much as an impact as pantera has..i mean maybe alot of the newer metal heads.cause mastodon..is somewhat new...pantera has been around alot longer so alot of old timers would say pantera..cause pantera...was making awesome music..why the guys from mastodon were still learning how to play their instruments..if they were at the time...

mastodon has along way to go b4 they can be considered legends....and if they reach that point..then they will surely have an impact on..new metal bands forming years down the road..and ofc pantera will still be remembered then aswell...but like i said mastodon could reach that point but they havent yet..so cause of that pantera has my vote..or thats one of the reasons rather
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:58 pm

You can't really base your vote off of impact made. As Pantera was around earlier. In the aspect of talent is goes to Mastodon. They have already had a HUGE impact, they are so technical and just mind blowing. They truly are one of those bands, atleast for me who takes me on a journey into a new world. They are purely amazing. Pantera to me has 10 maybe more amazing songs. then the rest are just meh. Dimebag is legend, that is why Pantera is so legendary. Mastodon will get the Legendary status years down the road, but not because of a single member.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 am

well part of my vote is on impact....and in my opinion i think pantera..is alot better then mastodon..not saying i dont like mastodon..but im saying pantera has the kick mastodon lacks.. and personally..i cant really name any mastodon songs that i can say i really really enjoy..but then again i would need to listen to them..again.to be sure..but the way dimebag played his guitar..nobody can touch that..and to be able to play with a guitar player as good as him..u had to be pretty damn good..so i dont see why u think pantera cant play..cause if panteras other members sucked then dimebag wouldnt of sounded as good i think....
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:34 am

You think Pantera is a lot better. But have onlu stated that Dimebag is awesome on guitar, the fact that they had a big impact on metal. I don't see how they are better at anything other than guitar.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 am

if u read what i wrote i said that to play with a guitar player as good as dimebag u have to be pretty damn good at playing aka bass drums vocals..and if the musicians around him sucked..then he wouldnt of looked as good..but there is nothing notable u can say bout mastodon..i mean pantera the bass player and drummer r tight.and so is the singer..

and i like how my firefox was running slow then i updated now its fast -.-
Back to top Go down
Big_Bruddah

Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 am

PANTERA!!!! Love their shit man...
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 am

very good pantera song
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:35 am

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:
but there is nothing notable u can say bout mastodon..

WHAT?!?!
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:37 am

i dont think there is anything notable about mastodon..i got some songs or found some..and i listened to them and pantera and all the pantera ones were so much better..
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:41 am

however i will continue and try to listen to mastodon maybe they just need to grow on me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Church of Metal :: Band Discussion :: BATTLE OF THE BANDS-
Jump to: