Church of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... Empty
PostSubject: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:47 am

I used today as a day to use any opportunities I could to go through my DevilDriver discography from first album, to last. Really helped get them back into my regular listening cycle. Awesome band. Inspired me to review all of their albums on here once I get the Album review board up and running. Anyone else fond of DevilDriver? Has anyone else done something similar lately with another band's discography?

EDIT: Not that it's of any importance, but DevilDriver was the first band that really got me into metal with screamed and growled vocals way back when I was 12-13. I just love these guys. They've grown so much as a band over the years Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 am

I completely over looked this thread. Not on purpose either. I like devildriver, but I don't love them. I'm still trying to get into them. What would you say are their best songs?

I do that too, for example, I've started listening to pretty much just dimmu for the last two days.
Back to top Go down
Korrupted660

Korrupted660

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 pm

This is one of those bands that I've known like, two songs by them over the years, and loved them.. but never bothered to get more.

I want more. XD
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:05 pm

All the songs I've listened to have never popped out at me as something special. I have their discography(as I've been meaning to listen) but I haven't made myself sit down and listen to just Devildriver all day. But if you throw a list of their best songs perhaps I can see what you see.
Back to top Go down
abacacus
abacacus

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:03 am

CorpseGrinder wrote:
All the songs I've listened to have never popped out at me as something special. I have their discography(as I've been meaning to listen) but I haven't made myself sit down and listen to just Devildriver all day. But if you throw a list of their best songs perhaps I can see what you see.

I've Been Sober is my favourite, Clouds Over California is also really good.
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 am

Anything off of "The Last Kind Words" and "Pray For Villains" will get you into them enough to want to listen to the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:27 am

I shall listen/
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Got a new opinion yet? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...   I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Took a Day and Devoted it to DevilDriver...
Page 1 of 1