Church of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Five favourite vocalists and why?

Go down 
+2
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
CorpseGrinder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

Five favourite vocalists and why? Empty
PostSubject: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:19 am

So the title pretty much explains it. I shall post mine in a bit, I have to think about it. make sure I don't miss anyone/
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 am

well i can only name one really...
Tarja Turunen takes up 1 - 5 ^_^
no if ands or buts thats my choice
Do i really need to explain why?? shes has an amazing voice and stage presence and..is a big influence for me..a huge one ..and she is a very positive influence...and i can go on but i wont ^_^
Back to top Go down
BathoricBeast

BathoricBeast

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Pest(Gorgoroth)
Nocturno Culto(Darkthrone)
Dax Riggs(Acid Bath)
Mille Petrozza(Kreator)
Tom Angelripper(Sodom)

My reasoning is because these are some of my favorite bands..so them singing makes the song
Back to top Go down
abacacus
abacacus

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 pm

I really don't know Laughing

All I can say about my taste in vocals is I vastly prefer high screams to low screams.
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:36 am

1. Randy Blythe - I love his range of screams and growls and his vocals help make each LoG song so amazing

2. David Draiman - You can't deny he has an amazing voice, and it's so melodic. I also like his growls

3. Morgan Lander - I respect the fact she can scream better than most men can, and I love her clean vocals too. Glad she's been doing more of them in more recent stuff

4. Maynard James Keenan - Oooohhh Maynard. He makes wine in the middle of a desert, he kicks the shit out of people on stage while never missing a note. His voice is so unique and helps draw you in to the songs

5. Satyr (Sigurd Wongraven) - His vocals get some getting used to at first, but you can't deny they're great for black metal. The driving force behind Satyricon just has brutal vocals that trigger something in me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 am

randy good vocalist Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Korrupted660

Korrupted660

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Kirk Windstein - Crowbar. Because he has such a rasp to his voice, and it fits the sludge so well.

Angela Gossow - Arch Enemy. Because she has probably the best scream I have heard. She out-screams most guys out there, IMO.

Johnny Plague - Winds of Plague. Because he has my favorite mid-range scream, I think. And he has a bad-ass name.

Mitch Lucker - Suicide Silence. Probably gonna get hated for this. But, his high screams seem to pierce speakers, and he has quite a beasty low scream. He is one of those guys that has constantly improved over the years.

Chuck Billy - Testament. Best thrash vocalist out there. Ever since they started, he has retained his bad-ass holler, and sometimes a retarded sounding shriek. Also, he survived cancer, and then put out one of the greatest albums of his career, vocal-wise.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Tarja > All Very Happy..no if ands or buts =P
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Quote :
Mitch Lucker - Suicide Silence. Probably gonna get hated for this. But, his high screams seem to pierce speakers, and he has quite a beasty low scream. He is one of those guys that has constantly improved over the years.

I won't hate on you, the man has amazing vocals, no doubt. I also have found myself loving the band more and more. Good choice and not bad of a list.

Dylan, you must have 5? besides just Tarja? She's not that amazing lmfao... foo.

Okay my list, took my a long time to narrow it down to 5. So here we go.....

Randy Blythe (Lamb of God)- I love his range, as Nick stated, I feel like he can do anything vocally. His clean sound has grown so much too, and it sounds great. I really love the song "In your Words" and imo that is as clean has he's ever been.

Jonathan Davis (KoRn)- To me, when people say passion and emotion, Jonathan Davis comes to mind. His range is great..But the reason I love him so much is because of his emotion, and the hurt in his voice...

Anders Friden (In Flames)- Like Jonathan Davis, he too puts a lot of emotion into his vocals. I believe he has the best range out of any vocalist, I love his screams, I love his growls, and I love his clean vocals.

Max Cavalera(Soulfly)- His voice is so gritty, and brutal at times. It's truly beautiful to me. His voice is so angry, thats why I love him. IMO he was the best vocalist in the thrash genre, when he was with Sepultura.

Tony Kakko(Sonata Arctica)- His range is amazing aswell, I love his screams, he doesn't use them all that much, but when he does they are great. But his clean vocals are breath taking.

It was very hard for me to leave out Mikael Stanne, because his vocals are so good as well. but Kakko is a bit a head of him.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 pm

CorpseGrinder wrote:

Dylan, you must have 5? besides just Tarja? She's not that amazing lmfao... foo.

but Tarja is amazing and she is my 1-5..i can do 6-10 if u want =P..but she might take up 6-10 aswell..so maybe 10-15 =P but i am pretty sure she is my 1-5 and hey..i can have her 1-5 if i want Very Happy..

anyone have an issue with my pick?
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:16 am

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:

anyone have an issue with my pick?

Yeah, actually. That's just an easy way out of not having to pick another 4
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 am

fine lol ok lets see

1. Tarja Turunen - dont need to explain
2. Ronnie James Dio - dont need to explain he is a god
3. Bruce Dickenson - Another god dont need to explain Very Happy
4.Ozzy Osbourne - Prince of Darkness..says it all Very Happy
5. Johan Hegg - I think he is one of the best at what he does..and can use his vocals for all sorts of speed and such..
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:17 am

Those are all good vocalists, I agree, but if you take the time to explain what you like about them, it opens up room for more people to post and discuss Razz
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 am

ok..well i dont need to explain tarja..unless u r asking for another novel about her ok fine shes my number one cause she owns all.and u cant compare to her vocals =] shes in her own class =D so yeah \m/

Ok i like ronnie cause well..hes a metal god has done alot for metal. hes played in many different types of bands and has been a great influence for us today..and u cant argue this fact

Bruce is just fucking awesome..he can do it all with his voice..and bring the whole crowd into the show even they r all the way in the back.he does a good job at that and giving energy to the crowd

Ozzy..well do i need to say it..hes the prince of fucking darkness no questions asked and he was part of the first official metal band black sabbath and has been the only one who can leave his original band and become more popular then them and be far more successful..and ofc ozzy is immortal and will never die

and johan hegg..we hes just awesome he uses he vocal talents really well in his music..and can adjust his vocals well to the mood of the song and is prob the best growler in metal and btw..he has a naturally deep voice..so it says alot about he singing style..
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:38 am

I don't reallly like Ozzy, like at all. I'm not sure why though.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 am

well..u dont half to like him but u should respect him
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:14 pm

You're right, I don't have to like him. But I do have some respect for the man.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 pm

i seen ozzy i think 3 times..live once with sabbath =D
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Nice, i seen him live, he shouldn't have been singing, his voice was complete shit.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 pm

dude..its ozzy nobody will boo ozzy ...and u cant really blame him..esp with all the meds n shit he has to take..etc..when his age u reach sing as good u will not ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five favourite vocalists and why?   Five favourite vocalists and why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five favourite vocalists and why?
Page 1 of 1