Church of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon

Go down 
+2
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Pantera or Mastodon?
Pantera
S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Mastodon
S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:43 am

I will agree that Mastodon takes some getting used to if you're not into that kind of music
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 am

yes exactly..so i will continue to try and listen to them..kind of like how its hard to get use to tarja's style of singing..if u know what i mean by that

anyway..how many albums..4 right..how many i got lol
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:26 am

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:
if u read what i wrote i said that to play with a guitar player as good as dimebag u have to be pretty damn good at playing aka bass drums vocals..and if the musicians around him sucked..then he wouldnt of looked as good..but there is nothing notable u can say bout mastodon..i mean pantera the bass player and drummer r tight.and so is the singer..

Mastodons drummer is A LOT better than Vinnie, bass goes to Troy, and Vocals are all masotodon. They can be avg players and dimebag would still look good, and thats what the rest of them were. Avg.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:37 am

well i been listening to mastodon and pantera and..to me mastodon is average nothing special but pantera ..was able to keep my interest..they r very talented pantera..and mastodon cant compare..i mean..if u listened to pantera's stuff u would know what im talking bout...
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:48 am

Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:57 am

And i still am trying to give mastodon that chance..so u know lol Smile
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:02 am

Pantera has 10 songs, that are good. the rest are not great. I don't see how any metal head can say that Mastodon is Avg, fan or not.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:04 am

pantera has way more then 10 good songs..more good songs then mastodon..and i said they were average..but i did say im giving them a chance didnt i..so not like im saying this and casting them aside

just mastodon doesnt compare to pantera..the band is way to good..,,i cant see how any metal head can say pantera is average...fan or not
Back to top Go down
jwmetalhead

jwmetalhead

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 am

I think both bands have their strong points..but pantera I think has alot more edge over Mastodon.
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:30 am

I guess in cases like this, it just comes down to personal preference and opinion. I myself would choose Mastodon over Pantera (Except a few songs) any day
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:40 am

Ok..im going to reexplain my reasonings...of why I pick pantera..lets ignore the whole dimebag factor we already know he will be remembered as pantera's guitar player.
First reason..Pantera has made an impact..in metal..and has made a big impact in the metal scene way before mastodon came into existance..and is still today loved by metal heads..
Another reason I am choosing pantera is because..well they have proven they can play many styles of music..like early pantera have a glam, and heavy metal influence and was able to move to a move groove style of playing..and mastodon well seems to me they r just sticking to a progressive style of playing.
one thing i did learn..to is that mastodon has broken up four times in their past..and has gone threw I think 2 singers..where pantera didnt break up at all which shows that..they are loyal to eachother as a band and can stick togather..
also people can relate to pantera..even if they dont know or are not a fan a pantera..everyone always recognizes material off the cowboys from hell album..where as mastodon...if ur not a fan..u prob wont know much about them or could name any songs unless u talk to a fan about them..

those r some reasons i pick pantera
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:58 pm

K1nG`0f`M3t4L wrote:
Ok..im going to reexplain my reasonings...of why I pick pantera..lets ignore the whole dimebag factor we already know he will be remembered as pantera's guitar player.
First reason..Pantera has made an impact..in metal..and has made a big impact in the metal scene way before mastodon came into existance..and is still today loved by metal heads..
Another reason I am choosing pantera is because..well they have proven they can play many styles of music..like early pantera have a glam, and heavy metal influence and was able to move to a move groove style of playing..and mastodon well seems to me they r just sticking to a progressive style of playing.
one thing i did learn..to is that mastodon has broken up four times in their past..and has gone threw I think 2 singers..where pantera didnt break up at all which shows that..they are loyal to eachother as a band and can stick togather..
also people can relate to pantera..even if they dont know or are not a fan a pantera..everyone always recognizes material off the cowboys from hell album..where as mastodon...if ur not a fan..u prob wont know much about them or could name any songs unless u talk to a fan about them..

those r some reasons i pick pantera
nt
1. Impact has nothing to do with talent of the band, these are two different ERAs, both bands have made their impact, Panteras is large as of right now.
2. Mastodon plays groove, Prog, Sludge..listen to everything before basing your opinion or else it becomes bias.
3. Loyalty means nothing, we're comparing musical talent, and that point is irrelevant.
4. Again another point that has to do with fame, and is irrelevant to the topic. Well known songs means nothing, because if it does Lady Gaga is better than both?
Both bands are good, but talent wish, Mastodon is far more technical. Pantera is a one trick pony where Mastodon can do anything WELL> Panteras glad phase was a disgrace to the bands name.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:59 pm

well steve..why would a band with no musical talent...make such an impact on the metal scene as pantera has
and i listened to their songs..mastodon to me is progressive groove..when pantera has incooperated many styles of music into their songs
Loyalty means alot to a band..and how they play..if u play with musicians u dont like ur band will suffer.
Well..you can say what u want but my opinion stands i think..pantera is the better band here...i personally and trying to get into mastodon to be far..but i just cant..i think their style of music is boring..where as pantera for me..in their music i feel the energy..the fun in their songs..i dont get that with mastodon..i am not even sure if i like them..and i am allowed to say i dont like a band..
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Well dylan, I wasn't saying you can't like a band or not. Just saying that you had no vaild points. You said stuff that has nothing to do with the talent aspect. Like I said dimebag was the talent in pantera. The rest were avg at best. Vinnie paul is not that great of a drummer. You don't have to like mastodons music to know they are talented.
Back to top Go down
CorpseGrinder
Admin
Admin
CorpseGrinder

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Also you say the impact matters? But the problem with using that is the Jonas brothers made a HUGE impact on their genre, are they talented? Not the least bit. Impact and popularity has nothing to do with anything besides who is advertised more.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Alright steve its kind of clear u didnt read my reasons...and ur last comment doesnt make sense..but anyhow..i said all i needed.and wanted to say about this..lets leave it to the voters..and whoever wins..wins ..i want to prepair for the next match up..\m/

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao farao cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers geek geek geek geek jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor queen queen queen queen queen bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce pale pale pale pale pale pale silent silent silent silent silent tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue No No No No No What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon   S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S2 - RD1 - Pantera Vs. Mastodon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Church of Metal :: Band Discussion :: BATTLE OF THE BANDS-
Jump to: