Church of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Church of Metal

General metal discussion. All things metal!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Big_Bruddah

Big_Bruddah

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. Empty
PostSubject: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 am

Ok...so those of you who have never seen these should be ashamed...those of you that have, well you're normal so no compliments for you. lol. So the Nightmare series is probably one of the greatest of all time. Not gonna quote actors or actresses in this because this is the greatest things they were ever in. (Minus Johnny Depp) Robert Englund IS Freddy. No other can replace him, but more on that later. I guess I'll get started with the greatest one to date.

A Nightmare on Elm Street. (1984)

So it starts off like a typical horror movie from the 80's. Show's the killer before everything went down. Fred Krueger just chillin, licking pictures of children, nothing out of the ordinary right? lol. Back story is he was a child molester/murderer. The parents of the children took him to court, but they had no evidence so he was let free. They weren't satisfied so they burned him alive. Then the children of Elm street start having nightmares. In their nightmares they're chased by Freddy, and when he catches them he usually kills them in a hilarious way. (His calling card is some ridiculously funny murder) But they never wake up. When they die in their dreams, they die in real life. (Quote of EVERY nightmare movie.) Weapon of choice: Blades he created to cover his fingers. The movie really starts when we meet Nancy. A typical teen, trying to fit in with everyone. She has a few friends, Tina, Rod, and her boyfriend Glen (Johnny Depp) Tina's the first to see the "Creepy burnt man in the sweater, with knives for fingers.) She tells Nancy about it, blah blah blah. Make a long story short. They all have the same dreams. Not gonna spoil the movie for those that are yet to see it *cough losers* but I will say this about it. No one will ever take Freddy out of his dreamworld. It's where he belongs. Leave him there. And when you fall asleep at night, just be glad you don't live on Elm Street.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

He's baaaaaaack. That's right part two of the amazingly great series. If you've never seen part one stop reading right now and go watch it....I'm serious I'll wait................................................................................................................................................................................................................. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Good right? Ok here we go...Part two starts off with this guy named Jesse. He just moved into Nancy's old house and guess what, he's having nightmares once again. He confides in the girl he's been crushing on since he moved, which wasn't very long. She doesn't believe him until she also starts seeing the great late killer in her dreams. Towards the first twenty minutes of the movie there is a wonderful twist, but I won't ruin it for you. Let's just say Freddy found a way to enter the real world. Revenge isn't as good as the first one, nor the others in the series, but watch it a few times. It grows on you. More comedic murders, more blood being sprayed, more unbelievably idiotic teens. Hey, it's the 80's. Relax. I guess I won't say much on this one seeing as how the only thing that changed were the people and that pretty twist. So if you haven't seen it yet go pick it up. It's worth the watch.

That's all for now. "But wait Bruddah, isn;t there 8 movies in the series and one remake?" Yes there is, but like Wex Craven, the master of horror, I will let the suspense kill you before I reveal the rest of them. Now shoo. Go watch. Get away from me. And don't fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 am

GREAT REVIEW I ENJOY THESE MOVIES MUCH THAT I DO =D

nice review man ^_^

and for those who havent seen SHAME SHAME SHAME
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:41 am

I like the body bag scene in the first one
Back to top Go down
Nick "SoaS" Morouney
Admin
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:40 am

This is probably my favorite movie series of all time. Freddy Krueger IS one of people's worst nightmares, cause he is the nightmare. Although, one thing I would have changed about the series, is how he got more comical and goofy throughout the series. Up until 'A New Nightmare'. When he was dark and badass again like the first and second films. I haven't seen the remake yet, but I hope they did a good job with it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sinsofasaintmusic
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:43 am

the remake was really good nick
Back to top Go down
Metal_Lette

Metal_Lette

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 am

The remake was amazing. I'll admit, the begining sort of drags on and confuses you a little, but it gets really good towards the middle/end. I have yet to watch the older versions, yes I know, shame on me. Razz I'll be watching them soon. Haha.
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:50 am

FREDDY VS JASON
Back to top Go down
jwmetalhead

jwmetalhead

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:34 am

Jason kicked his ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big_Bruddah

Big_Bruddah

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Ill do all of them eventually...and I have a LOT to say about the remake. As for Freddy getting comical towards the middle of the series...that's what made him Freddy
Back to top Go down
K1nG`0f`M3t4L
Admin
Admin
K1nG`0f`M3t4L

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:35 pm

freddy was a tricky one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.   1, 2, Freddy's coming for you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Church of Metal :: Member's Area :: General Discussion :: Movie Reviews-
Jump to: